Review: Crimson Peak

05:55


I didn't expect to like Crimson Peak as much as I did, but I honestly thought it was great. Guillermo del Toro's gothic romance is everything I expected it to be, but better. The film is incredibly creepy when it needs to be, with ghosts that are much scarier than they are in the trailer and genuinely leave you with your hair standing on end, and delightfully cheesy like a trashy romance novel, with overwhelmingly cheesy dialogue and the most idealistic and ridiculous sex scene I've ever watched in my life. The story is quite standard at the beginning, moving a bit too slowly for my liking, but it proceeds to spiral out of control in the best way possible, and gets really, really good towards the end. As well as that, it's an incredibly pretty film, with the most detailed and gorgeous set I've seen in a long time. Crimson Peak is cheesy and ridiculous and to be honest, that's what makes it great. 

4/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images