Films I Watched (12/1/15 - 18/1/15)

08:17


An idea that I had for this blog was to use it to keep track of what films I watch each week. Therefore every week, my plan is write a short snippet on every film that I've watched in the past few days. Nothing fancy, just some quick notes about what I liked and disliked about each one. I keep a physical film journal but I figured that a virtual one could be cool too!

The Interview
2014. Dir. Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen

This actually could have been worse, at least I thought it would be anyway because the reviews for it weren't great. I mean, yes, it is fully deserving of the controversy and the drama that it caused, they really drag Kim Jong Un in the mud, I'm surprised the actor who played him was alright with it to be honest, but at the same time, I was expecting worse. I personally think it was marginally better than This Is The End in terms of having an actual structure and story, and wasn't just a random mash of actors running amok. It's pretty light-hearted, like it won't win an Oscar or anything, but it has the potential to be funny depending on what type of comedy that you're into.

**

Girl, Interrupted
1999. Dir. James Mangold

I really enjoyed this film! I'm always up for watching anything with 80s/90s era Winona Ryder and Angelina Joile is amazing in her role. It was really refreshing to watch a film that focused on a large group of women, rather than the other way around. It tends to get a bit dull when every film that you watch centres around a group of middle-aged men. The fact that it was set in the 60s was a bonus for me. I definitely think that it is something I would watch again!

****

Into The Woods
2014. Dir. Rob Marshall

Since Into The Woods is a new release (well at least in Ireland it is), I actually did a full review for it. It's available to read here.

***

Horns
2013. Dir. Alexandre Aja

I've been waiting to see Horns for quite some time now! Having read the book I was visibly disappointed with a number of story changes but all in all, it was still quite good. I wouldn't call Daniel Radcliffe's performance the best of his career, which is what some people are saying, but he still fit the role quite nicely and I'm always impressed with anyone that can pull off a different accent for an entire film. *Slight Spoiler* I found the ending pretty anti-climatic, the book described a much more intense fighting scene that just wasn't realised within the film, no sooner had it started, it was over. I also don't think that they fleshed out Lee's character well enough and really didn't convey how horrendously twisted the man really was *Spoiler Over*. It was still a very enjoyable film that was almost a dark comedy if anything which is what I love!

****






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images