Films I Watched: July 2015 Edition (Pt.1)

07:13


After completely skipping June, I figured doing my "Films I Watched" posts every two weeks would be a better idea than doing them every week, I don't want to clog up my blog with the same post over and over again. So far this month I have watched some really great films, many of them I've wanted to watch for quite some time. So without further ado, I present the first half the the July edition of "Films I Watched"


Kingsman: The Secret Service

Dir. Matthew Vaughn. 2015 

I honestly thought that this film was brilliant. It had the perfect mix of action and comedy, entrancing characters and a unique story that had my absorbed from the beginning to the end. It has some of the most brilliantly choreographed fight scenes that I have ever seen, particularly one that takes place within a church. It is one of the most entertaining brawl scenes that I have ever watched. I didn't know what to think before sitting down to watch this, but now I'm glad that I did, it's one of the best films to come out this year I reckon.

5/5


The Imitation Game

Dir. Morten Tyldum. 2014

I thought The Imitation Game was absolutely brilliant, so much so that I actually can't find any faults in it, I'm trying, I really am. The acting was top-notch and the story was really interesting. I normally struggle through long films but this on kept me interested, by presenting the viewer with a non-linear storyline that shifts back and forth between the 1920s, 1940s and 1950s. The score also worked brilliantly with the film overall and really tied the scenes together.

5/5


Big Eyes

Dir. Tim Burton. 2014

I had heard a mixed reaction towards "Big Eyes". Some people thought it was good whereas others didn't think much of it. I am happy to say that I really enjoyed it. I'd wanted to watch it for ages, feeling really drawn to it due to also being a painter. The fact that female artists didn't sell as much artwork in the 1960s really resonated with me. First of all the production design was gorgeous, being set in the 1960s meant amazing dresses, hairstyles and gloriously kitsch furnishings, and there was some absolutely beautiful shots. I kind of like how Tim Burton stepped away from his usual style and presented us with something completely different, but in my opinion, still remaining slightly Burton-esque. 

4/5

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images