Films I Am Insanely Hyped For (Pt.1)

13:24


So I've been planning this post for quite some time now. Amazing festivals such as Sundance and Cannes have once again blown me away with the multitude of amazing films shown. I was eagerly following all the news from each festival (unfortunately I'm not successful/well known enough to garner an invite *sigh*), watched all the trailers, read up on all the reviews and I'm now anticipating the public release of a number of films. I figured a blog post was in order, and due to the amount of films coming out that I'm hyped for, I've decided to divide this post into two parts, with part one covering the films that are being released to the public within the next month or two.

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl


I fell in love with this film the second I watched the trailer, so I'm going to be pretty disappointed if it fails to meet my already high expectations. "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl" tells the story of a teenage boy who becomes friends with a classmate who has leukemia. It looks both wonderfully quirky and horribly heartbreaking as the boy and his best friend aim to make a film to celebrate the girl and her life. I really love coming-of-age films and this one looks as if it could be a wonderful and refreshing addition to the genre. From watching the trailer, the writing appears to be really good and the characters seem unique, so hopefully it'll meet my expectations.

The Overnight


This absolutely bizarre film is already picking up speed throughout the film circuit and Internet, with a multitude of articles being posted, with topics ranging from the film's handling of sexuality to it's use of prosthetic penises. It appears to be a sex comedy with a difference, tackling a topic that is often randomly thrown into television shows and films for one scene and is then never discussed again. It has a great cast, including Adam Scott, Taylor Schilling and Jason Schwartzman, and judging the from the trailer, I'll more than likely finish watching the film and ask "what the hell did I just watch?"

The Stanford Prison Experiment


This film looks absolutely crazy. I love psychological thrillers and this looks set to impress me. The film, which has a huge cast featuring the likes of Ezra Miller, Jack Kilmer, Michael Angarano and Johnny Simmons, covers the 1971 Stanford Prison Experiment, in which a number of students were divided into prisoners and correctional officers, and forced to act out their roles. The violence and psychological torture that ensued, showing just how far people can go when given an ounce of poswer, has shocked researchers and the world ever since, therefore I think it is an absolutely brilliant story to capture on film.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images